BEACH & SEA
- Both, the main beach and the southern beach of the seaside resort Sellin are patrolled by lifeguards.
- Many beaches provide sanitary facilities suitable for disabled, which are regularly cared for.
- Bus trips within the city limits and to the beaches are free of charge with the spa town tax card which is valid during your visit.
- may be rented directly at the beach.
- beaches for dogs are situated at the right and left hand side of the main beach, the nudist beaches are set between main and southern beach. From 01st June to 30th September no dogs are allowed on the beaches.
- sandy and safe bathing areas. The water quality is very good.
- at the southern beach volleyball, water chute, pedal boats and banana riding
Jetsam and Flotsam
- The beaches of the Isle of Rugen keep many treasures ready for the attentive stroller. Besides shells you can find stones called "Hühnergötter", which are flints with a small hole in it, they are a symbol for health, luck and success. After the large spring & autumn storms thunder wedge, petrified sea-hedgehogs and amber, the "gold of the sea" can be found.